Word Crunchers, Etc.|
- Publisher's Assistant, Sheila Jones Publishing Ltd. (The RV Times Magazine): July 99 to December 99, designed FileMaker Pro databases to replace spreadsheets and worked as an independent contractor until this one-person, Macintosh-based business moved to the mainland; organized the office to be more efficient and managed the business when the owner was absent, including during the months of July and September when she was traveling.
- Office Manager / Executive Assistant, Connor Development Services Ltd.: (Macintosh OS, desktop publishing, word processing, secretarial, bookkeeping, database management, website design), 1983-86 and 1989-99. Still assisting them as needed for desktop publishing and their monthly bookkeeping.
- Assistant Development Officer: Glenlyon-Norfolk School: desktop publishing, data-base management, general office duties, 1991.
- Owner/Operator, Word Crunchers, Etc. (formerly Girl Thursday Office Services), website design, desktop publishing, database design, training in website design and Macintosh computer software, 1983 - present
- Executive Assistant/Sales Representative; Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1977/80
- Secretary/Bookkeeper/Part Owner; Buckle Electric Ltd., 1974/5
- Office Manager; Restoration Services Ltd., 1973
- Office Manager/Ticket Agent; Victoria Pacific Railway, 1973
- Clerk-Typist; Ministry of Finance, Province of British Columbia, 1960/64
- Other Experience: Retail and direct sales with Sears, Zellers, Encyclopaedia Britannica and Amway
January 18, 2001
Please e-mail me with your questions and comments
Victoria, BC, V8P 4A5